SCCA Banking and Financial Services (“SCCA BAFIS”) Chapter
- Organise, support or participate in educational and other networking events for counsel in financial institutions in Singapore (“FI Counsel”).
- Provide a regular platform for FI Counsel to come together and discuss issues affecting them in their professional capacities.
- Undertake any other activity that helps the SCCA gain ‘mind-share’ or achieve a niche status as a premier professional body for FI Counsel.
- To organise at least four (4) roundtable events or chapter meetings in calendar year 2017 to facilitate the achievement of the SCCA BAFIS Chapter objectives.
- To create and publicise at least one (1) paper on an area of law reform that would be complementary to the interests of financial institutions in Singapore.
Jun Fok, Societe Generale
Dharmendra Yadav, Maybank
ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2016:
19 April - Panama Papers Fallout: Hope or Nightmare for Organisations?
Responses to Consultation Papers:
11 January 2016 - Listing Rules Amendments to Align with Changes to the Companies Act
24 March 2016 - Minimum Allocation to Facilitate Greater Retail Participation in IPOs
2 December 2016 - Proposed Amendments to the Companies Act to Strengthen Singapore as an International Centre for Debt Restructuring
POSSIBLE INITIATIVES IN 2017
Dialogue sessions with Monetary Authority of Singapore or Singapore Exchange or any other relevant industry body.
- Update sessions on cases in Singapore, England & Wales and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Insights from General Counsel or other business leaders in the banking and financial services fraternity.
- Technical Skills Workshops.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS INVOLVED IN THE WORK OF THE CHAPTER
- AIG APAC Holdings Pte.Ltd.
- AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd.
- Bank of Singapore
- Bank Pictet & Cie (Asia) Ltd
- Baring Private Equity Asia
- Bordier & Cie (Singapore) Ltd
- British and Malayan Trustees Limited
- CIMB Group
- Deutsche Bank AG
- DNB Bank ASA
- EFA Group
- Government of Singapore Investment Corporation
- ING Bank N.V.
- Morgan Stanley
- Nomura Singapore Limited
- RB International
- SCOR Services Pte Ltd
- Societe Generale
- Standard Chartered Bank
- UBS AG
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- Zurich Life Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd