To recognize chief legal officers who have made significant contributions to the work of (the board or senior management team of) their organizations.
All full-time corporate counsel/ in-house lawyers employed with a Singapore listed corporation or with the Singapore regional headquarters of a multinational company in the role of a chief legal officer for at least 2 years before the date of nomination. Current SCCA Exco members and corporate counsel from the same organizations as members of the judging panel are not eligible.
1. Outstanding Chief Legal Officer of a Singapore listed corporation
2. Outstanding Chief Legal Officer of the Singapore regional headquarters of a multinational company
- Nominations shall be made on the standard application form provided by the organizers.
Each nomination shall have one proposer and one seconder. Either the proposer or the seconder shall be a member of the Board (for listed companies) or Senior Management Team (for MNC category) of the organization to which the nominee belongs.
All nominations have to be signed by the nominee, the proposer and the seconder.
- All nominations will be evaluated by the Judging Panel. The decision of the Judging Panel shall be final.
- Nominations are evaluated based on the documents submitted. There will be no interviews of nominees. However, the Judging Panel reserves the right to contact the proposer or the seconder to discuss information provided in the nomination.
- Nominations are confidential as are evaluations of the nominations.
- The results of the Awards will not be disclosed by the Judging Panel to the organizers until the announcement.
- The results of the Awards will be announced during the SCCA Annual Black Tie on 17 November 2017. All nominees are invited to the presentation of the Awards.
- The organizers reserve the right to disclose the names of all or some of the nominees.
- The Awards do not include any monetary value.
INDEPENDENT JUDGING PANEL
The distinguished panel comprises:
- Angeline Lee, President Emeritus, SCCA (Chairperson of the Judging Panel)
- Justice Steven Chong, Chairman of Professional Affairs Committee, Singapore Academy of Law
- Willie Cheng, Chairman, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Daniel Ee, First Vice Chairman, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Tan Boon Gin, Chief Executive, SGX RegCo
- Wong Su Yen, Human Capital Leadership Institute
Click here to download the nomination form.
All nominations must reach SCCA by 31 October 2017.