Venue : Eventbrite
Event Start Date : Wednesday 22 April 2020
Event End Date : Wednesday 22 April 2020
Event Start Time : 07:00 pm
Event End Time : 09:30 pm
Registration Start Date : Thursday 09 April 2020
Registration End Date : Wednesday 22 April 2020
Leading and managing virtual teams across geographies and cultures requires even more fine tuned leadership skills. Learn how to lead and influence more effectively, not by force or overt persuasion but through subtle communication excellence. This session, based on the ground-breaking research of cross-cultural psychologist, Dr Gilles Spony, will equip you with a range of skills and techniques that will have immediate application and impact in working in our highly connected, virtual and global world.
1. How do your values influence the way you communicate?
• Work values and how they shape your behaviour
• The Spony Profiling Model (SPM) and how it can help you understand yourself and build empathic communication with others
2. How can you be a more effective communicator?
• How to engage and communicate with people who hold different values and behave in different ways, effectively across borders
• Practical strategies to improve your leadership and communication abilities
3. How does national culture effect work values?
• A deep dive into Dr Spony’s research on cross-cultural work-value systems and how they impact leadership decision making
• Practical application and discussion on cross cultural leadership challenges in this time of uncertainty and new ways of working
The session is highly engaging and interactive giving you time to put theory into practice so you can build new skills and techniques on current communication and leadership challenges.
7:00pm - Introductions and overview of the evening
7:30pm - Introduction to the SPM with self-assessment on work values and communication styles
9:00pm - Application to current leadership challenges. How to develop strategies to extend your range of skills to improve communication and influencing skills
9:30pm - Questions
9:30pm - Close
About Your Facilitator
Natalie is the Founder and CEO of The Entheo Network, a global innovation and leadership company, and has worked for and consulted with some of the world’s leading organisations including DBS, LEO Pharma Asia, Kellogg’s, Singapore Airlines and CISCO Systems, helping them build innovation systems, culture and capabilities as well as generating new ideas to help them grow their teams and businesses. She is also the Founder of Women who Lead, which provides retreat experiences, coaching and leadership development services for women who are exploring transitions in their professional lives. Natalie had the pleasure of working with Dr. Spony to codify his research into an online profiling instrument used in business schools and corporations around the world.
Natalie is the inventor of The Six ‘I’s®, an innovation methodology and assessment tool that helps individuals and organisations measure their innovation strengths and provides a clear step by step guide to make innovation practical and effective. She is also the author of Award Winning Business Book of the Month, Yes, You Can Innovate and a contributing author to Unleash Your Voice. Powerful Public Speaking for Everywoman.
Natalie has three degrees; a BA Hons in Politics & Legislative studies, an MSc in Economics and Social Psychology and an MBA. She is a Master Practitioner in Group Dynamics and Non-Verbal Communication and a Certified Integrative Enneagram Coach. Natalie is a UK National that lives in Malaysia and works in Singapore, across Asia and in Europe.