Company : LEGO Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Location : LEGO Singapore Pte. Ltd. 38 Beach Road #13-11 South Beach Tower Singapore 189767
Salary : S$ SGD 77,700 - SGD155,400
Job Start Date : Thu, 22 Aug 2019
Are you energized in solving complex legal support tasks in an ever-changing world?
Ignite your creativity and problem-solving capabilities in providing a broad legal support to key stakeholders within the LEGO Group.
The main focus of a role as Associate Corporate Counsel, APAC is to:
• Provide support on legal tasks in all areas of the law, such as Employment law, Corporate Law and IP, and act as the main point of contact in cases and relevant tasks, as requested by the senior attorneys.
• Support those tasks initiated by the VP/GC, Senior Corporate Counsel, and Corporate Counsel, as well as the business.
• Engage with external partners and outside counsel on legal tasks as needed.
• As a secondary focus, participate in support within other regions, such as China.
• Diligent (Conscientious)
• Value adding
It is our mission as lawyers to provide proactive and qualified support to the business in a way that adds value to their daily work. It is also our mission as lawyers to perform tasks without direct relation to our main clients (such as corporate secretarial work, etc.) at a very high level.
Play your part in our team succeeding
This position can be a “stepping-stone” for junior lawyers or highly skilled specialists, who are capable of solving complex legal support tasks, and who want to develop further in the Legal Department at the LEGO Group. The next development steps could be as a Corporate Counsel (or Sr. Corporate Counsel) in one of the LCR Regions.
The main success criteria for this position are:
• Satisfied customers and the LEGO Group by delivering timely and valuable legal advice/support
• Prioritize high value work and be able to reduce what is not a priority
• A broad legal support profile with experience in supporting many different legal areas
• Deliver optimal service, as well as add value to our stakeholders in their daily work.
Challenges in this job:
• To keep up good team spirit and provide legal service in a creative, but hectic environment;
• To be able to prioritize what is high value work, and to reduce what is not a priority;
• To handle work in a broad range of areas, and at the same time being a highly qualified specialist in some specific legal areas;
• Work quickly and efficiently;
• Be a big picture thinker to make connections between the work you are doing; and
• Provide clear and concise legal answers to the senior lawyers and the business.
The right candidate for this position is a person with a solid legal background and at least 2-5 years of experience. The person can have a proven track record and deep functional knowledge in at least 2 out of our 3 main areas – Intellectual Property Law, Corporate Law or Employment Law or very broad legal experience in many areas. The mindset of the person is highly collaborative and curious with a “can do” approach. The person wants to learn and wants to be involved in new tasks/areas. Engaging directly with the business and keeping relevant shareholders in the loop should come naturally for this person, as well as the willingness to learn and following through on tasks. This person should be able to be a great working partner with the senior lawyers.
Do you have what it takes?
• Law School Degree (J.D., LL.M., LL.B or equivalent)
• Minimum 2-5 years of (postgraduate) legal experience from an in-house role at a global company or junior level private practice position.
• An appetite for and ability to learn new skills, as well as the willingness to follow-through on tasks.
• Highly collaborative, with a curious mindset and a “can do” approach.
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to engage in fun activities with the team, those sponsored by the company, or as part of our community engagement program.
• Previous experience working with government authorities in one or more countries within the APAC Region.
• Experience in training on various legal topics.
• Some travel must be expected, likely not to exceed 30 days per year
Join the global LEGO ® family
The LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – do apply directly at https://www.lego.com/en-us/careers/jobdescription/associate-corporate-counsel--apac/57155577