Company : Match Group
Location : Singapore
Salary : S$ negotiable
Job Start Date : Mon, 15 Aug 2022
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented inhouse legal counsel to join the Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team. This position will be based in Singapore and will provide day-to-day legal support to our global brands, including Tinder, OkCupid, Hawaya amongst our portfolio of dating apps and services under the Match Group umbrella, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Match Group is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio includes Tinder®, Match®, Meetic®, OkCupid®, Hinge®, Pairs™, PlentyOfFish®, Hawaya and others, each designed to help singles find a meaningful connection.
How you’ll make an impact:
● You will be part of a team to draft and negotiate various commercial agreements with and for our business partners across the Asia-Pacific footprint (primarily focused on SEA and ANZ), including marketing, media buying and advertising, content creation and production, brand partnerships, distribution and business development, consulting and other operational and vendor agreements.
● You will work closely with global teams to support the localization and roll-out of product features and initiatives, whilst ensuring compliance with laws, political, cultural sensitivities and relevant Asian regulations and practices.
● You will work closely and collaboratively with internal teams, including tax, accounting, privacy, security, and litigation to identify and achieve desired business outcomes while minimizing legal risk.
● You will assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
We could be a match if:
● You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia or equivalent common law jurisdiction; and have at least 2-3 years’ PQE (post-qualifying experience), with top law firm and in-house legal department experience preferred.
● You’re experienced in data protection, privacy, intellectual property, digital media and consumer-facing and internet industries.
● Over and above wielding professional English (both written and spoken); you’d be familiar with one or more key regional languages (e.g. business Mandarin, Bahasa (Indonesia or Malaysia), Vietnamese, Thai, etc).
● You possess excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as an impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability.
● You’re strategic, and have a naturally business-friendly approach to legal problem solving and be able to effectively provide clear and concise practical advice as well as creative solutions.
● You’re naturally curious and possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of the law.
● You thrive in new and potentially uncomfortable situations and are able to simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
● You bring a positive attitude, sense of humor and professional ease in working collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and internal clients.
What’s the team like?
● Our global team is highly collaborative and you will work with cross-functional teams to inspire confidence among business clients in a high growth business with an approachable, friendly and patient demeanor.
● Successful individuals on this team are strategic, creative thinkers and problem solvers with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. They are self-motivated team players and possess strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing, and research skills.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
● Comprehensive health coverage for employee and family members
● Other perks and wellness benefits like classpass membership subsidy
● Fertility preservation benefits
● Access to mental health resources
● Team meals and Company events
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.