Company : LEGO
Location : LEGO Singapore Pte. Ltd. 38 Beach Road #13-11 South Beach Tower Singapore 189767
Salary : S$ SGD 92.5K - SGD 139K (annual)
Job Start Date : Mon, 17 Aug 2020
Do you aspire to make a great difference and investigate the legal landscape for the LEGO Group in the APAC Market?
Bring your legal experience and potential to help craft the future of the LEGO Group!
• Help co-ordinate all Intellectual Property (IP) related tasks for the LEGO Group in the following APAC Market areas: Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau, as well as others as needed
• Work to help develop the IP strategy for the LEGO Group for APAC
• Act as subject matter expert on IPR enforcement in APAC, and participate in activities promoting IP enforcement of the LEGO Group’s rights as proposed by Government & Public Affairs (GPA)
• Work with other Legal, Compliance & Risk Management (LCR) lawyers in APAC and globally on a program of enhanced IPR enforcement in the region
• In close collaboration with the VP of China & APAC and other LCR team members in China and APAC, drive and support the IPR enforcement agenda for APAC
• Manage internal and/or external partner relationships to optimize work effectiveness, including building working relationships with external IP Counsel
• Demonstrate a high-level of collaboration, knowledge-sharing and process optimization to accomplish tasks
• Conduct IP training and marketing of the work done in IP enforcement in APAC
• Document legal processes and work output in legal knowledge management tools
Play your part in our team succeeding!
LCR China & APAC is the regional legal team covering all of Asia, with lawyers in Shanghai, Jiaxing and Singapore, in a variety of legal positions.
The focus of the LCR China & APAC team is to:
• Drive and support all legal tasks in our region, like IPR and corporate matters
• Act as the main point of contact for relevant legal issues, in accordance with our Mandate and Key Operating Principles
• Occasionally participate in tasks and/or provide legal support within other regions
Do you have what it takes?
• Law School Degree (J.D., LL.M. or equivalent)
• Minimum 6-8 years of (postgraduate) legal experience from an in-house role at a global company or law firm position, with a specialty in Intellectual Property Law, including, but not limited to: Trademark, Copyright and Unfair Competition Law issues
• Proven track record in IP litigation management
• Proven track-record in IP enforcement matters and partner management
• An appetite for and ability to learn new skills, as well as the willingness to follow-through on tasks
• Highly collaborative, with a curious attitude and a “can do” approach
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Good Team Member and contributor to the Team
• High ethical standards and knowledgeable on compliance matters.
• Previous experience working with national law enforcement authorities in one or more countries within the APAC Region on IP enforcement matters and/or training.
• Experience in training customs officials on IP issues
• Some travel must be expected in the areas of the world that you will be responsible for, likely not to exceed 30 days per year
• Nice to have: proficiency in any other language in the APAC market area.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
The LEGO Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our commitment to creativity, collaboration, and quality – do apply directly at https://www.lego.com/en-sg/aboutus/careers/job/58138589