Legal and Compliance Manager
Company : LIXIL
Salary : S$ to be advised
Job Start Date : Mon, 01 Jun 2020
We are seeking to hire a Legal and Compliance Manager to support LIXIL’s multiple businesses in APAC excluding Greater China and Japan. Key responsibilities for this role will be general corporate matters, commercial agreements, managing trademark and other intellectual property portfolio, compliance and regulatory issues, supporting marketing & sales.
- Lead commercial contract drafting and negotiations including supply agreement, distribution agreements, vendor service agreements, projects agreement, etc.
- Review and analyze advertising, marketing campaigns, packaging, promotion, commercial tie-in and direct marketing issues
- Be responsible for provision of legal advice, corporate governance and case management of legal and compliance issues across APAC excluding Greater China and Japan
- Manage dispute resolutions and litigations in Singapore and potentially neighboring countries.
- Identify work to be outsourced, participates in selection and management of external lawyers, their fee arrangements and service levels
- Be responsible for contract management and spot audit on all contracting process
- Monitor and determine the impact of regulatory requirements and changes including data protection, employment, competition law, anti-trust, intellectual property, environmental health & safety, land / real estate etc.
- Develop strategies and techniques to identify and mitigate potential legal, regulatory or compliance risk
- Conduct regular review of the organization’s compliance, ethics and personnel training policies
- Train new and current employees on the organizations legal & compliance policies and act as contact person for the organization’s employees regarding legal issues
- Provide support on all company secretarial matters for legal entities in APAC, excluding Greater China and Japan, such as, but not limited to, coordinating regular board meetings and filings with registrar of companies with the support of external service provider
- Minimum 4-6 years of commercial legal experience with prior relevant in-house experience within a heavily matrix and multi-national organization preferred
- A recognized degreefrom a leading university and law school preferred
- Licensed to practice law in Singapore and/or the US, UK or other common law jurisdiction, or an ASEAN country
- Strong commercial contract and general corporate experience in APAC region
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property Law (IP) is highly desirable
- A client-focused approach embodying an understanding of the demands of the business and ability to deliver user-friendly advice and support in a timely manner, coupled with a proactive and ambitious nature with a desire to help find solutions
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, interpersonal skills and presentation ability
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Maturity and the ability to make decisions and exercise discretionary authority necessary to successfully perform job duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across time zones
- Excellent drafting and negotiations skills
Singapore Corporate Counsel Association Limited. All Rights Reserved.