Company : Sport Singapore
Location : 3 Stadium Drive, Singapore 397630
Salary : S$ Confidential
Job Start Date : Fri, 01 Oct 2021
Legal / Senior Legal Counsel, Assurance & Corporate Excellence (ACE) Strategy
At Sport Singapore, we aspire to transform the nation through an active lifestyle designed around innovative, fun and meaningful sporting experiences.
Sport has the unique ability to bring people together through play, regardless of age, gender, race, ability or social status. It imparts life values, nurtures character and builds resilience. It inspires and evokes the Singapore spirit through shared experiences and strengthens our national identity. We help Singaporeans Live Better Through Sport.
Sport Singapore is constantly on the lookout for individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Anchored in our values of Passion for Sport, Strength through Teamwork and Care for People, we believe in working and playing, not just as a team, but as a family.
In this role, You will,
• Provide effective legal advice and strategic business-oriented solutions to achieve organisational and strategic purposes and objectives
• Foster collaboration / partnership with cross- professional team members and with business units
• Ensure (i) compliance with applicable laws and policies; and (ii) legal risks and liabilities are adequately managed and/or mitigated
• Review and update legal-related PSP on an ongoing basis; enable business units to be well-versed in relevant legal-related PSP
• Provide effective legal advice and support on matters relating to the Sports Hub Project in respect of:
o Strategies for managing the PPP consortium partners and its performance of its obligations under the Sports Hub Project Agreement;
o Formulating and implementing the Government’s and SportSG’s strategies for the future of the Sports Hub; and o Preserving SportSG’s legal rights on matters pertaining to the Project Agreement and the Sports Hub.
• Facilitate and supervise the development of competencies and skills of Legal Team
• Assist Head ACE Strategy Divison in supervision and management of the more junior members of the Legal Team, the ACE Strategy Multi-Disciplinary Teams and ACE Strategy Division
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who value integrity, teamwork and take pride in going the extra mile to provide excellent service to stakeholders and the community. This individual should be a sport advocate through living an active lifestyle and staying active.
In addition, an ideal candidate should possess the following:
• A recognised Law Degree.
• At least 5 years’ working experience in general corporate and commercial practice or inhouse, preferably with some experience with or in the public/civil service
• Preferably called to the Singapore Bar
• Preferably with some dispute resolution experience/exposure
• Experience in working with cross-professional / multi-disciplinary teams would be advantageous
The level of offer will commensurate with applicants’ experience and track records. Successful candidates will be offered a 3- year contract in the first instance.