Corporate Counsel (LEGO® Retail eCommerce)
This role will provide legal sparring/advice and coordinate legal work in relation to our retail business and our digital marketplaces, as follows:
- Consumer protection,
- Direct to Consumer e-commerce
- Marketing laws,
- GDPR/privacy laws/E-privacy
- Consumer loyalty programs,
- Commercial contracts and procurement contracts within digital and general commercial legal areas
- AI and metaverse
- General legal advice
Play your part in our team succeeding!
This Corporate Counsel role sits within the Legal, Compliance and Risk management team “Digital, Ecommerce and Marketplaces” the legal team supporting our online direct- to-consumer activities globally as well as supporting our global digital organisation and conducting our IP enforcement online. This role is specifically focused on legal issues relating to LEGO.com, our owned online APAC Direct to Consumer business and other key digital areas. The role will work very closely with the Billund, Denmark based colleagues in the team, but will also have interactions and opportunities to work together with the APAC regional legal team (supporting our Business to Business activities) located in the Singapore Hub on related legal matters and projects. This role will be expected to be a great teammate within both the global and APAC regional legal team to provide the best value adding legal support to our relevant business collaborators.
The role will require a high level of interest and curiosity of working in the direct to consumer area and high interest in privacy, marketing and consumer laws – and very much an interest in having a global perspective. It will also require ability of being able to make quick decision/quick assessments as the D2C retail area often requires quick responses. This also means that it is necessary to have strong partnering skills as the role will be interacting with the business teams directly.
Do you have what it takes:
- Law school/university degree
- Qualification as an Attorney-At-Law (bar exam) is not a requirement but is preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of post-graduate international legal experience from inhouse or private practice within the online retail field
- Preferably specialization within, and proven experience working with legal issues related to the direct-to-consumer e-commerce, consumer protection, consumer loyalty clubs and marketing, privacy and e-privacy areas as well as the procurement of consumer digital IT/services relating to the D2C retail and ecommerce business
- Ability and interest in being able to give relevant and timely advice within a fast-moving D2C environment
- Strong business partnering and collaborator management skills and a curiosity about understanding the overall D2C business
- Good general understanding of commercial laws, intellectual property laws, competition law and commercial contracts
- Proven experience drafting and reviewing complex consumer digital commercial contracts as well as solid experience drafting private consumer terms and conditions
- Legal curiosity as well as appetite and ability to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge in a global company
- Experience working with competition law issues and/or brand protection
- Some traveling must be expected likely not to exceed 15 days per year
What’s in it for you?
Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you'll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based.
- Colleague Discount – We know you'll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached and if eligible, you'll be rewarded through our bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – When you join the team you'll be assigned a primary workplace location i.e. one of our Offices, stores or factories. The hiring team will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model 'Best of Both', role eligibility and frequency with you during the recruitment process.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Just imagine building your dream career.
Then make it real.
Join the LEGO® team today.
Interested applicants to apply directly on our LEGO Careers Portal via this link - https://www.lego.com/en-sg/careers/job/corporate-counsel-lego-retail-ecommerce-bb317371820c1001c7d50fb2568d0000
1 October 2023
#13-11 South Beach Tower