Broaden your horizons with the SCCA Mentorship Programme.
This programme provides junior in-house counsel with the opportunity to have regular mentoring sessions with experienced in-house counsel.
It offers the opportunity for:
- Senior lawyers, to offer professional guidance to junior lawyers.
- Junior lawyers, to receive coaching tailored to their specific learning goals or mentoring needs.
- In-house lawyers, to have a facilitated exchange of professional experience and knowledge among their peers.
Brought to you in collaboration with the PEERS Sub-Committee of the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association (SCCA)
Who Can Join?
- Are you currently in an in-house counsel role? If yes, please keep reading.
- What is your level of experience as in-house counsel?
- For Mentors: We welcome senior lawyers with more than 7 years of experience in an in-house counsel role to apply.
- For Mentees: We welcome lawyers with up to 7 years of experience within an in-house counsel role to apply.
- Are you a member of the SCCA? You may sign up for SCCA membership.
This Mentorship Programme begins with an application period in the last quarter of the year, and a briefing session to be held early of the subsequent year so as to prepare both mentors and mentees and kick off the yearly programme accordingly
Mentors and mentees are encouraged to meet 2-4 times a year, and each mentoring arrangement should continue for at least the duration of that year. Any continuation beyond the year will be at the Mentor and Mentee's own will.
Upon the first meeting, mentees are expected to fill in the Mentoring Programme Worksheet. They can also keep a Meeting Log for subsequent meetings for good record tracking of their progress. Both Mentor and Mentee should fill in the Feedback Form at the end of the mentoring arranagement.
Where either mentor or mentee is facing any issue, pls do email us at email@example.com, alongside firstname.lastname@example.org . For the avoidance of doubt, SCCA disclaims any and all liability associated with this volunteer-run Mentorship Programme, and encourages all to abide by the dos and donts and exercise their discretion responsibly. We nevertheless look forward to your participation and connecting all of us in the community.
Step by Step Guide
- If you satisfy the criteria above, you may download the Application Forms and a copy of the Guidelines.
- Please read the Guidelines and complete the Application Form to sign up for the Mentorship Program.
- Please email your completed Application Form to email@example.com.
- For any enquiries, please drop us a note.
Documents and other useful material for current or prospective participants may be found below:
|Mentoring Programme Guidelines