Data Privacy & Compliance
Data Privacy & Compliance Counsel
SPH Media is looking for an experienced counsel in Personal Data Privacy and Protection, to be part of the Secretariat & Legal team that delivers legal and regulatory compliance solutions to the Group’s operations to ensure compliance with all relevant legal requirements and internal guidelines.
(a) Personal Data Privacy & Protection Work
• Advise business units on personal data privacy and protection matters, including legal risks and/or implications of business decisions;
• Draft, review and negotiate personal data protection clauses, data processing agreements/templates, privacy notices, etc;
• Work with business units to evaluate, implement and monitor internal personal data protection compliance policies, procedures, controls and/or remediation measures, as may be needed from time to time;
• Review regularly the Company’s procedures, practices and documents to identify possible weaknesses and risks;
• Review, develop and oversee the Company’s policies on data privacy and protection;
• Implement and manage the legal compliance programmes to mitigate risks; and
• Provide personal data protection training to relevant employees.
(b) Other Compliance Work
● Advise business units on compliance and ethics issues;
● Provide legal support to compliance-related disputes and investigations;
● Review and advise on legal and contractual matters.
● LLB with at least 3 years of post-qualification experience
● Experience in personal data law, gained in a law firm or in-house, preferably as (i) a general corporate or commercial litigation lawyer with personal data protection / data privacy law experience or qualifications, e.g. Certified Information Privacy Professional; or (ii) a specialist personal data protection / data privacy lawyer; or
● Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
● Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail
Contact Number :63192024
Job Description :559138524_1669190305.pdf